Event Release of Liability and Consent Form
In exchange for my being allowed to participate in the event administered/coordinated by Crime Victim Services (CVS), I, and if I am not 18 years old, my parent or legal guardian (individually and collectively referred to below in the first person singular), agree to be bound by the following:
1. Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that my participation in the event is voluntary.
2. Identification of Risks. I understand that CVS and its representatives may not be present at all times during my participation in the event. I understand that my participation in the event may involve risk of illness, injury, and/or loss, both to person and to property.
3. Assumption of Risk. I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable, and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the event. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in the event.
4. Release and Waiver. I release CVS and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, volunteers, successors, assigns, and any and all persons or entities participating on CVS’s behalf (“Representatives”) from any and all liability for and waive any and all claims for injury, loss, or damage, including attorneys' fees, in any way connected with my participation in the event (a "Claim"), whether caused in the whole or part by the negligence (but not the gross negligence) of CVS or any of its Representatives.
5. Consent to Medical Treatment. I authorize CVS to provide me, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon CVS to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
6. Publication. I authorize CVS to use my name, photo, materials, or presentation produced for the event in educational resources, press releases, web-based publicity, & other publicity materials.
7. Severability. Each term and provision of the instrument shall be valid and enforced separately to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Applicable Law. This instrument shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.