top of page
Police Cars
Line separator


Inmate & Parole Information

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (DRC) is in charge of all adult cases of prison placement and parole notification. Department of Youth Services (DYS) deals with all sentenced delinquents, their prison placement and parole notifications. Both DRC and DYS have an Office of Victim Services, which provide many services, some of which are listed below. For more information about DRC (not listed below), please contact:

Office of Victim Services, 770 West Broad St., Columbus, OH 43222
toll-free: 1-888-842-8484 | business 1-614-728-1976 | 

On the DRC website you can find victim information (on the home page, under programs and services click on victim services). You can also find offender information with either the offender's name or offender number. On the home page under offender information click "Offender search." Enter the offender's name or number. Please be aware that the offender's picture may appear on the screen.

For more information from the Department of Youth Services not addressed in the questions below, please contact:

Department of Youth Services, Office of Victim Services, 51 North High St. 3rd Floor, Columbus, OH 43215 | 1-800-872-3132

About VINE (Victim Information & Notification Everyday)

VINE is a technological tool for quickly accessing information about an offender and his/her status in state prison or local jails in Ohio. Commonly asked questions are answered below. It is a free, anonymous, computer-based service that provides victims of crime two important services: information and notification.

For defendant custody and court information call 1-800-770-0192 and follow the prompts. Callers us basic information to search the VINE database. VINE will quickly provide the caller with offender status information, and will provide information on upcoming court events and hearings. VINE can also be accessed via the internet simply click on this link and you will be directed to the page. Click on your state and follow the instructions

Callers may choose to register for automatic telephone and/or email notification when an offender has a change in status throughout the criminal justice process. In some cases, letters may be sent.

Sex Offenders

Offenders determined to be sex offenders in the state of Ohio and persons moving to Ohio from other states where they have been ordered to register as a sex offender, must register with their county's sheriff's office. Many sheriff offices have web-sites with this information or you can contact your local sheriff's department for a list of registered sex offenders in your county.

Click here for more information on sex offender's registration and notification

Allen County's Sex Offender Registry

For Ohio's county to county sex offender links 

Klaas Kids Foundation, which talks about Megan's Law and other information regarding children's safety

Searchable website for Ohio sexual offenders ​​

bottom of page